Situated in the state of Rajasthan in India, Ranthambore is famous as a wildlife destination. The Ranthambore National Park is one of the best national parks in India. People from various parts of the world come here to view the natural beauty along with the wildlife diversity which is rarely seen anywhere else.
Other than wildlife, the place also has rich cultural history. In fact, its name is believed to haveoriginated from its cultural history. There are lots of historical places to visit in Ranthambore. All of them along with the Ranthambore National Parkmake it one of the most visited places in India.
- Ranthambore Fort: The history of this fort goes 1000 years back when Chauhan dynasty built it. It is also recognized by UNESCO world heritage centre and thus, has special significance. Built on a 700 ft high hill, it acted as hunting reserve once upon a time. The jungle around the fort gives people enough option to carry out hunting.
- Trinetra Ganesh Temple: This temple is one of the oldest temples in Rajasthan. You could hear the chants of aartis here and feel the peace. There are five ‘aartis’ held each day here, and thus, it serves as one of the most sacred places people come to visit. This temple houses idols of the entire family of Lord Ganesha.
- Suwal Lake: This place is famous for birds and sight-seeing. The view here is spectacular in winter season when the birds are seen catching fish from the lake. The best place to visit this lake is monsoon and the rainy season, as the lake dries out during the summer season. Hence if you are planning for a Ranthambore tour, then pick the season according to the kind of sightseeing you intend to do.
- 4. JogiMahal: JogiMahal is somewhat a rest house but its accommodation has recently been somewhat restricted. Nevertheless, it is still one of the most attractive places to visit for its scenic beauty.
- Village craft by women: When it comes to Rajasthan, crafting comes to mind.After all, Rajasthan is famous for it. There is a village near SawaiModhupur, where you can find handmade rugs, woollen carpets, and handmade carpets,etc.,which are aesthetically very pleasing.
It also shows the independent nature of the woman in Rajasthan as, through crafting, they have made their own mark.
- Ranthambore School of Art: This is another important attraction in Ranthambore which houses talented art students and painters. The main subject of painting is tiger which is painted to make a statement to the general public that, everyone should take steps to save this endangered species.
- Padam Lake: The name Padam comes from the scenario that gets created during the season when water Lilies bloom. The name Padam itself means water lily. The best time to come to this place is early morning as you can view lots of animals here apart from flowers.
Ranthambore is a place you must visit. So, what makes you ponder? Book your tickets and plan your visit sometime soon.