Imagine a peaceful weekend, away from the noise, chaos and pollution of city life! Sounds interesting? Well, it is much more interesting to experience in person than to just read or talk about it. One place where you can spend your weekend amidst greenery and with the beautiful view of Arabian Sea is Alibaug. Take our word for this destination and head here with your friends and family for a perfect getaway.
With gorgeous beaches, historical forts and untouched aquatic life, Alibaug has a lot to offer its visitors. From museums to observatories, this place has it all. Adding another star to the old world charm of this town are the hotels in Alibaug which have all the facilities available for the comfort of guests. The staff, the service, the rooms and the food at all these star-rated properties are worth experiencing.
Taking you through the Portugese culture and the vibes of the town, listed below are a few places of interest in Alibaug.
1. It’s all in the beach: Being a coastal town in Maharashtra, there is no dearth of beaches in Alibaug. So you can laze around at the Alibaug Beach, Akshi Beach, Varsoli Beach, Kihim Beach and Nagaon Beach. Go ahead, be a beach bum.
2. Let’s go fort hoping: Alibaug has been an important part of the Maratha Empire and thus, has some of the popular forts to explore. Some of the important forts here are Khanderi Fort, Revdanda Fort, Kolaba Fort, Undheri Fort and Murud Janjira Fort.
3. Follow the God’s trail: If you want to pay respect to the almighty, Alibaug has some of the famous temples and worship places. You can visit Hanuman Temple, Someshwar Temple, Old Shiva Temple in Kanakeshwar Forest, Brahma Kund and Nagoba Mandir.
4. Welcome shopaholics: Alibaug can turn into a shoppers paradise if you know how to bargain properly. There’s a famous Raigadi Bazaar where you can get handicrafts, clothes and accessories at throwaway prices.
5. Stay at Nagaon: Nagaon is dubbed as “Mini Goa” and is a central place of Alibaug, surrounded by beaches like Murud, Kashid, Akshi and Alibaug, to name a few. So most of the people who visit Alibaug, prefer staying in hotels at Nagaon in Alibaug.
What are you waiting for?Long weekend is almost here, plan your trip already.