When it comes to buying a used phone you generally have two options: buying in person and from the Internet. Below you will find useful tips for each of the options.
Buying In Person
1. Locate a place to buy your new phone. First of all you should find places where you can actually buy a used phone, according to the contemporary reality you can find unlocked cell phones at local retail stores or shops selling refurbished devices. It is usually highly advised to look for stores in your area, and the easiest way to do so is local phone directory or Internet search.
2. Inspect the cell phone for liquid damage. Before you get the phone you should and even have to always check the phone for any existing damages. Most used phones have not barely new but good appearance – do not get hooked on that. You should always be cautious and look for any disadvantages. After you check the phone you can take a day off to think about purchasing this exact phone. In this day off use smartphone price checker and verify what price is real for the option you have chosen. People who have done it say that in most cases they were able to lower the primary price for the phone by showing the seller evidence from such web-sites.
3. Test every function before buying. One more important thing to do when you only check the phone right on the spot is to make sure that all main functions that a phone should perform it does. Try to call to different numbers, write a couple of messages. Take your own SIM cards to make sure that the phone will work with yours. Then make sure that the battery is still alive: check if it is charging, ask about the period of time it needs to be fully charged and how long it can last. Make sure that extra functions of the phone work: camera, WiFi and network Internet connection, music (including sound quality and loudspeaker).
1. Web-site. In the very beginning you should chose a place to buy your phone from. Make a search and look for the options on the Internet that have the phone you want to buy. The easiest way is to check several online stores, but do not also underestimate the power of social networks. Check what each of these options can give you and then compare iPhone prices or One M9, for example, at different sources.
2. Return policies and warranties. And the last important thing about getting a used phone. As any other thing in the world it might not fit you, so before clicking “buy” make sure that there is a way to return such purchase back. Make sure that return policies of the web-site you want to use are buyer’s friendly.
And warranties. This is always a great advantage for a used phone if it is still on a warranty. It means that if something goes wrong, you can fix it for free. This is why try to look for a phone with a warranty but do not become obsessed with this idea.